TGIF, friends! We’re up at the lake celebrating the hubs’ birthday with a crowd of friends this weekend, so a good chunk of my week was spent meal-planning and coordinating. Alas, my holiday decorating has suffered because of it, but first things first! During all these preparations, I thought a fun Five on Friday would be recipes — because you know we’re all cooking over the holidays!
So this is a small collection of recipes I have either tried and loved, or am planning to try this month.
1. Paula Deen’s Taco Soup. My SIL made this for a football tailgate over Thanksgiving and it. is. delish. It makes a good size batch so it will feed a crowd (always a win). So it’s on our menu for this weekend along with some yummy jalapeno cornbread.
2. Snickerdoodle Bread. I’ve had this pinned to try since last Christmas, but this year I picked up the elusive cinnamon morsels this recipe calls for a couple of weeks ago, so I’m itching to bake up a batch of this. Imagine it with coffee…. yum!! I suspect my cinnamon junkie peeps will adore this.
3. Spaghetti Pie. This is a variation of a baked spaghetti dish I’ve been making for years, but is put together just a bit differently. And it’s just as much of a hit. If I’m lucky there may be leftovers, but I’m not counting on it!
4. Ham and Brie Bread Pudding. I made this last Easter and again on Mother’s Day when my parents were visiting and it’s a favorite to eat and to prepare (it’s slow-cooker!!). So it might be a contender for Christmas morning or perhaps New Years Day.
5. Slow-cooker Corn & Jalapeno Dip. I’m a SUCKER for a yummy hot dip, so this one’s on my list to try over the holidays… picturing a pajama day with a movie marathon and this dip. Heaven.
Once this lake weekend is in the rearview mirror, it’s full on CHRISTMAS mode in my house! Where are you with your holiday prep??
© Copyright 2016 Heidi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Decor & More